Thursday, July 23, 2015

Book review: The Dead Will Tell

Title: The Dead Will Tell
Author: Linda Castillo
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Summary: Many years ago a terrible tragedy happened at the Hochstetler farm.  The deaths that happened went unsolved for many years.  One night years later Police Chief Kate Burkholder is called to an apparent suicide in her small town in Amish country.  The suicide turns out to be murder and when more people start dying, Kate has to figure out the link between all of them and go back to that tragedy so many nights ago before somebody else dies.

Review: As you know, I get backlogged on these reviews.  When I came upon this one, I couldn't remember what this book was about.  At all.  I suppose that I could have dropped my rating down to two stars, but it's not that it was bad, it just wasn't memorable.  But not all books can be memorable.  This is a good beach or vacation read.  It was your typical murder mystery story.  I liked that the main character was a woman and a Chief of Police at that.  She has relationship issues (what Chief of Police doesn't?).  Her boyfriend has his own baggage (what boyfriend of a Chief of Police who's also a state agent doesn't?).  The story was suspenseful and I didn't quite know where it was going.   It certainly painted an interesting image of the Amish.

Time to write: 5:40

No comments:

Post a Comment