Monday, July 20, 2015

Book review: Friendship

Title: Friendship
Author: Emily Gould
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Summary: Bev and Amy have been best friends for years but as they approach 30, they're approaching a crossroads in their lives.  Amy's skated by with her luck, charm and family money.  Bev roams from one temp job to another, drowning in student debt.  When Bev finds out she's pregnant, their friendship is put to the test.

Review:  There's no way I'd ever buy all of these books that I read.  I LOVE THE LIBRARY.  The downside of the library is I often have to return the book before I actually review it.  So I almost always have to look the book up on Amazon to help me in compiling the summary (or characters' names or plot or whatever).  When I was looking up this book I noticed it had all sorts of accolades, even from the New York Times(!).  And yet I only gave it three stars.  Dearest blog readers: if you want NY Times-quality reviews, read the New York Times.  The book's fine fine, but I wouldn't say this was the top 10 book I've read this year.  Unless you're a 29 YO living in New York, in which case you'll probably like this book more than me.

Time to write: 5:22

No comments:

Post a Comment