Friday, February 28, 2014

Book review: Crazy Rich Asians

Title: Crazy Rich Asians
Author: Kevin Kwan
Rating: .5 stars out of 5

Summary: This book is about several wealthy Asian families.  Really really wealthy Asian families. I suppose there was some other aspect to this story but I never made it through.

My Review: Yes, that's correct--.5 stars.  As in a half.  This book was terrible.  I didn’t make it past page 63.  I’ve read books about wealthy people before.  It can be fun to live vicariously through wealthy people and get a sense of their heavy burdens.  But this book was so over the top. I think that was supposed to be the point, but I didn’t get it.  I also think it was supposed to be funny, but it was just odd.  A book has to be pretty bad for me to give up on it so early, but this is certainly one of them.  Take this as a warning to not waste your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment