Saturday, August 26, 2017

Bachelor in Paradise: Week 2, Day 1

Hello BIP lovers!  Last week was awkward, we'll see how this week goes.  We pick up where we left off last week with Kristina pissed at Dean.  The women are pissed that the guys are hanging out with each other and not trying to woo the women.  Adam, he who made it much farther than he should have on Rachel's season, is the next arrival.  Adam didn't seem to bring AJ with him.  Adam has his pick of the ladies at this point.  The women swarm over Adam. Adam's interested in Kristina and Raven.  Ben's annoyed that yet another guy is interested in Raven.

Ring Ceremony
Wells gives us the lowdown on who the couples are.  It's obvious that Raven will be the last one to give out a rose.  I think Alex, Diggy, Iggy, Nick, and Vinny are on the chopping block.  Wow, that's a lot of guys.  I'll be sad to see Vinny go. I'm not sure how I feel about Ben.  He talks about his dog non-stop which is annoying.  Oh wait, like I did with the Bachelorette, I forgot that Adam was there and still had a date.  No shocker, he asks Raven.

Kristina goes to confront Dean, who's sleeping.  Dean's a tool and Kristina needs to talk to someone else.  She shouldn't have to try to hard to get his attention.  It's like watching the 20-something version of myself.  Oh to have more self-confidence in those days.

It must be hard to be Raven, what with going on her second date.  Is Adam better looking in person?  Raven--why do you wear so much makeup?  Is it because you have bad skin?  Did you think that maybe you have bad skin because you wear so much makeup?  I get it--I have problem skin too.  You're such a pretty girl, there's no need to wear so much makeup.

The date is boring and is overlayed with Ben's insecurity who is hoping the date sucked.

Cocktail Party
Will there finally be a Rose Ceremony?  Hallelujah!  Apparently Robby is in the running for Raven, but I'm not sure he's gotten that memo yet.  This cocktail party is going to be difficult to watch.  Somehow Vinny was going to get Corinne's rose, which suggests to me that the Corinne/DeMario thing was totally overblown.  It's anyone's guess who is getting what roses.  Jack Stone woos Alexis.  Again, I don't see the attraction of Alexis but maybe I'd like her better without the huge earrings and the eyelashes.  Oh, and the talking.

How long until Ben Facetimes with his dog and starts crying harder than Kenny used to when he spoke to his daughter?  I hate what Robby's wearing.  And he's a buddy of Josh so he's a douche.  But that doesn't stop him from resetting his sights on Amanda.  He asks for a kiss and gets shot down.  hahahahahaha.  Nick is throwing Hail Marys left and right.  Taylor and Derek are the only solid couple at this point.

I don't see Matt and Jazmin (I think I'm spelling her name wrong) being a long-term couple.  I guess she's not mad at him anymore?  Iggy's finally trying with Lacey again.  Iggy reads Lacey some sort of nonsense.  Next Diggy makes a play for Lacey.  They have a very awkward looking kiss.  Alex is still wooing Amanda.  Amanda tells him again that she doesn't have a shot.  Alex then makes a play for Alexis, Lacey, Danielle and Raven.  We'll see if anyone is persuraded.  My guess is no.

Dean pulls his head out of his ass to talk to Kristina.  To his credit he tells her pre-rose that he wants to slow down.  Since she has self-esteem issues my guess is she'll give him the rose anyway.  Alex swoops in right after to plead his case.  

Rose Ceremony
FINALLY we have a Rose Ceremony.  No shocker, Taylor is first and picks Derek.  Jazmin is next and chooses Matt.  Raven is next (I would have thought she'd have gone last) and she chooses...Adam.  Wow, good for Adam.  Alexis chooses Jack Stone.  Lacey chooses Diggy.  Danielle chooses Ben, which is an unexpected surprise.  Kristina chooses Dean (oh, Kristina, mistake).  Amanda gives out the last rose and chooses Robby.  Alex, Nick, Iggy, and Vinny say goodbye.  I'll miss you, Vinny.  Everyone else, see ya later.  Nick's 35?  Maybe Vinny could be the next Bachelor?  Poor Vinny, trying to buckle up and he can't.

This episode has exhausted me already and I'm not sure how much more I can take.

Post-Ceremony
Danielle L. shows up (D-Lo). Despite getting the rose from the other Danielle, I guess there's not relationship potential for Ben and Danielle?  The ladies pull D-Lo aside.  Kristina doesn't stake her territory with Dean.  Ben gives D-Lo the low-down.  Why is Ben wearing that shirt?  D-Lo pulls Dean aside.  How is D-Lo keeping her boobs from falling out of her dress?  It doesn't appear she has tape to keep those girls in.  This is where I lose sympathy for Kristina because Dean told her he wanted to slow down, which means, "he wants to see other people."  Move on, sweetheart.  Ben's disappointed that D-Lo asks Dean out instead of him.  

Alexis and Jazmin have a bizarre montage.   What's the woman version of a bromance?  They're besties and I'm glad they're having fun.  Anyway, clearly another sign that they're struggling for material here.

Before heading out on his date, Dean pulls his head out his ass and talks to Kristina.  He's trying to make sure his eggs are in multiple baskets.  Kristina talks a good game about moving on but I'm not convinced.  D-Lo is wearing ridiculous holey jeans.  Are they pants or bizarre cutoffs?

D-Lo and Dean have a super awkward conversation.  She also has an annoying nervous laugh.  Yes, Dean, as a matter of fact, you do sound that stupid.

Kristina is moping on the beach while D-Lo and Dean make out.  Dean might be a db but from my vantage point he's been very clear with Kristina about what he does (or doesn't) want.  Oh Kristina, you need to move on sweetie.

If everyone thinks that Dean and Kristine's relationship are super strong, it doesn't say a lot about the BIP relationships at this point.  Dean goes up to her room to try and "steal" Kristina but doesn't have the balls to actually talk to her in front of her friends.  She leaves the room with him and he admits that him and D-Lo kissed but it didn't mean anything.  I don't know what Dean wants but he's clearly stringing Kristina along.

S'mores
The gang's making s'mores by the fire.  Kristina's still in denial and Dean brings out a cake for D-Lo's half birthday.  The other women are understandably annoyed by Dean.  While I might not like her earrings or eyelashes, Alexis' spunkiness is growing on me.  As Dean rubs up against D-Lo, Kristina runs off in tears.

Finally this episode is over.  Tomorrow's episode is looking better, although it appears they haven't completely beaten the dead horse that is the BIP shut down--Chris interviews DeMario.  Oh DeMario, at this point I'm

No comments:

Post a Comment