Thursday, January 12, 2017

Show review: The Bachelor, Week 2

It's week two boys and girls!  Let's get right to it, shall we?

All the girls are together in the mansion drinking champagne.  Everybody's soooo excited and happy to be here.  Chris arrives to talk about this week.  Two group dates this week and a one-on-one date.  Chris warns the women that those that don't get a date with Nick will need to pounce when they can.

Group Date #1: Always a bridesmaid...: Corinne's in this one so we know from the coming attractions this is going to be interesting.  Nick puts the women at ease by telling them that group dates can kind of suck but try and have fun.  Thanks Nick!  They're going to be taking wedding photos with a twist.  The flamboyant/odd photographer gives each girl a role or bride "type".  Those who aren't given bridal roles are made bridesmaids.  As they're getting ready Corinne's telling everybody she's going to get another kiss today but is clearly annoyed with Brittany's total lack of a top (Brittany's the Eve bride).  At least Corinne didn't call her a slut, she just wanted it for herself.

The photo shoot is a little "America's Next Top Model" (which reminds me of how much I used to love that show).  Please tell me there's a judges panel!  Alexis is more funny now that she's out of her dolphin/shark costume.  Everybody's trying to make out with Nick, which is kind of gross.  And Corinne's craziness is starting to emerge.

Back at the house...Liz retells her story about screwing Nick.  She keeps smirking while the girls talk about their connection with Nick.

Back at the photo shoot...Nick comes out in his Adam costume and he does his shoot with Alexa.  That seemed awkward.  Finally, here comes Corinne in the pool...and there goes the top.  And he grabs her boobs in front of everybody.  Keep it classy Nick!  She considers herself daring for taking her clothes off.  And...she won the photo contest.

The second part of the date starts with drinks and Corinne steals him immediately.  They make out, the other girls talk about Corinne.  Raven's questioning Nick's intentions and then asks him if he's an asshole because she tends to fall for assholes.

Back at the house...Danielle M. gets the first one-on-one date.  The girls are fake happy for her.

Back at the group date, they've moved on to getting dressed up and drinking.  Corinne has become the Olivia of this season where she has claimed him for his own.  Nick needs to get a pair and set limits.  Tell Corinne to hold off and let him talk to other girls for a while.  Though the girls that are holding back need to get a pair too and interrupt Corinne's time with Nick.

Seriously?  She's back again?  Obviously Nick doesn't mind too much.  Good for Taylor for stealing him back.  This offends Corinne immensely, although it's unclear to me why what Taylor did is wrong.  Boy I'm not seeing much interest from Nick in Taylor though.  Look alive Nick!

Corinne and Taylor have an awkward conversation but it's all okay.  Corinne--you can "lead with your sexuality."  (A contestant's words, not mine but I love how she phrased that).  However, you're 24--please stop lecturing the other women.  It makes you sound even more insecure.  And of course Corinne gets the rose.  Sigh.  She's a squealer.  I can't blame the girls for being pissed, but I'm pissed at Nick, not Corinne.  This isn't winning him any points with the other women (or me for that matter).  Raven, I'm liking you more and more.  I apologize for writing you off because you're from Arkansas and that whole hog call thing.

That's where I stopped on Tuesday night.  And I couldn't help but think, "this episode is so boring."  They're clearly pushing the Corinne "thing" (whatever that is).  Corinne can do what she wants--take off her top, have Nick cover her boobs with her hands, whatever.  And I can appreciate that she's not there to make friends.  But as weird as it is to make friends in that situation, you spend more time with the other women than Nick, so I think one would have more fun if one made some friends. But what the hell do I know.  I am disappointed thus far that that is what Nick is seemingly into.  If I were there, I'd be feeling insecure too.  Okay, back at it.  I hope the second part is more interesting than the first.

Danielle's Date: She reminds me a little bit of Whitney, but I want to like her.  But based on what I've seen of Nick so far, my initial thought is she could do way better.  I love Newport Beach!  I want to land on my helicopter on my yacht.  And champagne?  What was I saying about Nick?

Back at the house: Liz's secret is starting to wear on her.  Wow she has a huge tattoo on her back.  I've always wondered--why would you get a tattoo in a place that you can't see very well? I digress.  I love how Christen says she won't tell anyone while the cameras are recording the entire conversation. I also love Christen's turban.  Also, how many outfit changes are those two going to have during their talk?

Back to Danielle: According to Danielle they've had an amazing day, although we've seen about 30 seconds of it. Holy shit, Danielle's story is dark.  Wow.  Boy it would be awkward if Nick didn't give her the rose.  I like this Nick better, not the Nick that was on the group date.  Just wait until you hear about the group date Danielle!

Back at the house: The other date card finally arrives.  Liz is on the list so she's hoping for time to talk with Nick.  Good luck with that, Liz.

2nd Group Date: For the second group date the women meet Nick at the Museum of Broken Relationships.  After wandering around the museum for a bit, they find out they get to break up with Nick.  This should be interesting.  That's not cool if Nick's avoiding Liz but I'm starting to think that Nick left his balls at home, so what do you expect?  Perhaps Liz should have gone with her gut when she told Nick to not bother getting her number because that's a shitty feeling to get ignored like that, even if the expectation was it was just a one-night stand.

These are actors, right?  Because the introduction seems really fake.  The women are pretty entertaining until Liz goes.  Holy awkwardness.  Nick--you and Liz don't have a dating story.  It's nice of you to say so, and clearly when Liz passed on giving you her number, she wanted you to ask Jade about her and chase her, which admittedly isn't fair to you.  To your point in last week's episode, if she wanted to get in contact with you, she knew how to find you.  But don't be a tool.

I kind of love Josephine.  For a guy that really wants to talk to Liz he's certainly taking his time talking to her.  Blah blah blah he talks to the other girls.  FINALLY Liz and Nick talk.  I'm not buying Liz's story.  I have to agree with Nick when he says that the more she says the less that she makes sense.  But wow, him telling her to leave was cringeworthy.  And then he walked her out.  Yikes.  Did I waffle enough for you guys?  He shouldn't have been a dick but her story wasn't adding up either.

Nick speaks to the women but...we have to wait until next week to see what happens.  Darn you ABC!

Anyway, what do you guys think?





No comments:

Post a Comment