Saturday, January 28, 2017

Show review: The Bachelor, Week 4

Sorry for the delay folks!  I was traveling most of the week and I'm obviously way behind.  Chris has assured us that the drama continues RIGHT NOW so let's get right to it:

Ha ha ha Taylor is analyzing Corinne.  Nick looks very uncomfortable as Vanessa calls him out on his interactions with Corinne.  The producers have asked him to not eliminate Corinne just yet because as annoying as she is, she's also entertaining, so he needs Vanessa to be patient until he tires of Corinne and the producers give him the okay to let her loose. Also, he enjoys her mounting him. For the record he didn't answer the question about what he's looking for--someone to marry or someone to f*** around with.

Taylor and somebody else whose name I can't remember confront Corinne (who seems to sleep quite a bit).  I'm not entirely sure what they were hoping to achieve with this but telling Corinne to stop acting the way she's acting is probably not going to work.  

Rose Ceremony:  Ladies, I can guarantee that Corinne is not going home.  Chris talks to Nick about Corinne and he again gives a vague answer.  I don't really see Christen staying much longer.  I hope we start to see more of Raven because she's a spunky one.  Brittany again is starting to have a meltdown.  I think we can all agree that Corinne's getting the last rose, yes?  And...Corinne gets the rose (is anybody surprised?).  Christin and Brittany are gone.  Christen is definitely shocked but I'm not shocked.  Are you shocked?  Oh ladies, the tears are so sad.  You will find love.  Insert eye roll.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what Corinne is doing--is she giving a speech to Nick et al while the producers lay over her interview commentary?  I'm a little confused.  Okay Corinne, it's not your show, you're not the one who gets to give the speeches.

The Next Day: Chris arrives and tells the women they're going to Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  Wow, there are beaches in Wisconsin?  Who knew?  Well maybe others did, but not I.  Nick meets up with his parents in a coffee shop.  Oddly, he's about a foot taller than both of them.  I don't remember his parents from the past seasons at all but his dad seems a little odd.  The mom has an edginess about her that I kind of like tough.  

Nick greets the ladies and whisks Danielle L. away for a one-on-one date.  The other women are sad.

Danielle L.'s date: Nick is taking Danielle on a tour of his hometown and clearly is overcompensating on how little he dated when he was in school.  Nick--Danielle doesn't want to know about all the girls you made out with at the library.   The Nick-r-doodle cookie doesn't look very good.  Nick sees an ex-girlfriend while out on his date.  Was this planned?  Wow, not only does Amber-the-Ex come out she hangs out with them.  This is really really awkward.  

OMG Nick stop talking about all your firsts.  Is it me or is this weird and creepy?  I like that Danielle is a bit of a late bloomer though.  Danielle--hon, I think you can do better.  Maybe you'll be the next Bachelorette.  As the date moves into the evening, let's hope that Nick can keep his eyes up on her face because Danielle's boobs are in full display again.  Blah blah blah Nick asks Danielle inane questions.

Back at the house:  The group date invite comes.  Corinne's on the group date and it seems that Raven will get the next one-on-one.

Back at the date: Danielle's initial baggage is about her parents' divorce, which seemed like a shock to her.  And not a shock, Danielle gets the rose.  It turns out there's a concert going on next door.  It's Chris Lane, who I've never heard of.  Why does the Bachelor only have country artists on?  Anyway, Danielle, like Vanessa, seems like she's not nearly damaged enough to be on this show.  I'm curious to see what additional dark secrets emerge.

Group date time: The ladies are at a farm.  Is this supposed to be Nick's farm?  Corinne is wearing terrible shoes for the farm.  Aww, Nick is bottle feeding a baby cow.  The girls melt of course.  I'm sure these farmers were hoping for some exposure for their farm. Thankfully they give the girls some boots.  Corinne doesn't do chores.  

After they milk a cow they move onto shoveling manure.  Awesome.  Corinne complains incessantly about everything.  I've always wondered how many outfits these woman have to bring on these dates because there are always multiple outfit changes involved.

Kristina steals Nick early.  She offers to tell him more about herself and he says "no, let's make out instead."  The girls are talking about Corinne and Astrid says she's tired of talking about her too.  I'm also tired of you talking about her.  Corinne holds her boobs and continues to show her immaturity.  That was bizarre.  

Vanessa's students and co-workers made a book about how great she is.  I think I'd keep it for myself if I were her for when I have a bad day. Corinne confronts the other women.  They look at her with amusement and awe.  Wow she is such a spoiled brat.  Yes, I'm sure Michael Jordan took naps, but he showed up to games.  The rose ceremony is kind of like you're game.  You guys sit around doing nothing all day. Sleep in and take a nap before the rose ceremony.  And then you can go to bed.  Is it just me or is she getting stranger and stranger?  It's like she's trying to be dramatic but she just keeps coming off as an entitled immature 24 YO who thinks that's how people act dramatic. Oh wait.    

As much as I like Vanessa, I like Rachel more.  I have to be honest, it's refreshing to see an African-American woman as one of the front runners.  So I like that about Nick.  

Hahaha Kristina calls Corinne out and is very amused by Corinne's reaction.  Corinne--Kristina didn't attack you.  Let's see if Corinne starts crying.  Interesting how she played that interaction with Nick.  I don't think Nick cares how she interacts with the other women because he didn't have a lot of friends in his season either.  I'm glad that she didn't cry though.  Wow, Kristina got the rose.  I didn't see that coming, although I didn't think Corinne was going to get the rose.

Raven's date: I'm interested in getting to see a little more of Raven.  I fully admit I wasn't enthralled with her in the beginning but the more I see of her the more I like her.  Although she's not the first girl to have a hometown date because wasn't that Danielle?  Are they going to do the same thing that him and Danielle did?  I still can't believe that Nick is one of 11 kids.  

They watch Nick's little sister play soccer.  Yay.  Oh, and then Nick mentions that his parents are there.  So that happens.  And now they're at Skateland!  I'm disappointed that they wear roller blades and not roller skates. Oh wait, Raven's wearing roller skates though, so that's cool.  I guess there are either two options or some BYO Rollerblades.

At dinner Raven shares her story of catching her boyfriend cheating on her.  Nick seems a little uncomfortable hearing about her beating up her boyfriend and the word vagina.  She considers that a normal date?  Oh honey.  Rollerblading through the museum would be so. much. fun.

Cocktail Party: Danielle L. steals him away and the other women are pissed.  After a few minutes, Taylor gets up and lurks creepily in the background while Danielle and Nick talk.  What are Josephine and Corrine eating?  In Corinne's defense,  I have found Taylor to kind of have an attitude too.  Also, she's 23 and technically she's a therapist but how good of a therapist can you be at 23?

Taylor and Corinne have it out.  Again.  How did Taylor make Corinne cry?  Corinne's never heard of emotional intelligence?   You don't run a multi-million dollar company--your dad does.  And you have a nanny.  "OMG Taylor, stop treating me like an idiot.  Gawd."  

Next week:  Ooh, is it two-on-one date time yet?  They either move on to somewhere tropical or Wisconsin has a tropical sub climate that I wasn't aware of.  If it's down to Taylor and Corinne, my guess is he sends Taylor home.  Why is Alexis still here?     

 Overall...kind of a boring week.  Please let this get more interesting.  As annoying as Corinne is, she's about the only interesting thing about this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment