Thursday, December 24, 2015

Book review: After Birth

Title: After Birth
Author: Elisa Albert
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars
Format: e-book

Summary: Ari had her son Walker a year ago but she still can't find her place back in the world.  When a legendary rocker (who also happens to be pregnant), moves to her town in upstate New York, Ari is cautiously optimistic that she's found a new partner in crime.

Review: I wanted to like this book, I just couldn't get into it.  I got it--the transition of becoming a mom and the isolation that can go along with that.  Also, the feeling that this wasn't necessarily something you always wanted but once it came along it was awesome.  But it just didn't hold my interest--I couldn't remember the various characters and it just seemed to meander along.

Time to write: 1:08

No comments:

Post a Comment