Friday, December 12, 2014

Book review: Yes Please

Title: Yes Please
Author: Amy Poehler
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Summary: Amy Poehler, of SNL, Parks and Recreation and Upright Citizen's Brigade fame, has written a book.  What else do I need to say?

Review:  I have a crush on Amy Poehler.  How could you not?  She's so funny and seems down-to-earth and like somebody you'd love to be friends with.  Also, she's from Burlington!  I listened to this book on CD, so not only did I get to read a book she wrote, I got to listen to her read it too.  Win-win!
While the book was interesting and had lots of stories of her progression to fame and essays on her thoughts on motherhood and other topics, it wasn't double-over-laughing funny.  That's the primary reason I didn't give it 5 stars.  Also, I was perplexed when she discussed her insomnia in one part and then described her ability to sleep anywhere in another part.  Maybe that's not fair but I have high standards for my crushes.  Still, very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment