Thursday, October 2, 2014

Book review: We are all completely fine

Book review: We Are All Completely Fine
Author: Daryl Gregory
Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

Summary: Harrison, Stan, Barbara, Greta and Martin are all damaged in their own way and are brought together for some group therapy.  Monsters are involved.

Review: This book was recommended to me by my husband, Aaron.  Aaron's and my taste in books don't always intersect but Aaron thought I'd like it. I read the description and it seemed promising, and the book was more of a novella than a novel, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt.  What I missed in the description was the reference to monsters was literal.  I thought the monsters were symbolic.

I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi, vampires, alternate worlds, that sort of thing.  Interestingly enough, I seem to be okay with ghosts, because I'm reading a book about ghosts and magic and so far so good on that one.  But I digress--that review will be written later.  Anyway, I gave this two stars because I was turned off by the real monsters.  A bond did develop with the group and that was right up my alley and there was certainly growth among the characters, but I just couldn't get past the monsters.  However, if you like monsters, you might want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment