Saturday, August 30, 2014

Book review: this dark road to mercy

Title: this dark road to mercy
Author: wiley cash
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

Summary:  Twelve-year-old Easter Quillby and her 6-year-old sister Ruby are living in a foster home after the death of their mom.  Their dad Wade relinquished his rights to them a few years back so the girls don't have much of a relationship with him.  He appears out of nowhere and kidnaps them in the middle of the night.  Meanwhile, somebody is hunting down Wade for some money he stole and a caseworker is trying to find the girls before Wade gets too far with them.

Review: You know a book is good when it's hard to put down and you can't wait to pick it back up again.  I waffled between four and five stars.  This book rotates the point of views between Easter, the guy hunting the dad down and the case worker trying to catch up with them.  Even while writing this review I couldn't decide, thus I landed on the 4.5.  I initially didn't think the viewpoint of the killer added any value but the more I think about it, the more it does.  If anything, I wished it were longer--that's ultimately the reason I didn't give it 5.  Selfish?  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment