Saturday, September 19, 2015

Book review: Department of Speculation

Title: Department of Speculation
Author: Jenny Offill
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

Summary: Just see what it says on Amazon.  It is not helpful.

Review:  This is one of those books where now that I'm finally getting around to writing the review, I don't have the faintest idea of what it was about.  I took a look at Amazon for some clues but that wasn't terribly helpful either.  When I finish a book, I generally jot down my rating right away.  Since I gave it three stars, I apparently I thought it was alright.  Not terrible but not great.  Not a terribly informative review but there you go.  Did I think it was one of the Top Ten Books of the Year like the NY Times Book Review did?  No, but I think we all know that the NYTBR and I generally aren't on the same page anyway.

Time to write: 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment