Saturday, September 19, 2015

Book review: The Accident

Title: The Accident
Author: Chris Pavone
Rating: 3 out of 5 stars
Format: Kindle

Summary:  A mysterious yet explosive manuscript has landed on the desk of literary agent Isabel Reed.  If she's going to publish it she needs to survive first.  Every time another person gets a copy of the manuscript they end up dead.

Review: I have grown to love reading via Kindle but one of the downsides is the inability to quickly go back and re-read segments and this is one of those books that I needed to go back pretty often and try and remember what is happening.  Many of the characters were very mysterious and unidentified at times, so it was sometimes difficult (for me) to figure out which character was speaking (the perspective kept shifting amongst different characters).  Also, I'm not generally a huge fan of "there's a massive global conspiracy of the top business leaders and government leaders of the world."  It's not that I don't think there are conspiracies, I just find it tiresome at times. This is a good suspense novel and I'd recommend it as a beach read (even though summer is over).  The door was left open for a sequel, we'll see what happens with that. Despite this seemingly negative (or lukewarm) review, I'd consider reading the sequel.

Time to write: 5:30

No comments:

Post a Comment