Saturday, April 30, 2016

Book review: A Little Life

Title: A Little Life
Author: Hanya Yanagihara
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Summary: This book follows four friends that meet in college and explores their post-college life as they establish their careers and build relationships.  The men are held together by Jude, whose traumatic childhood has made him fragile and fiercely protected by his three best friends.

Review:  Wow.  Even writing this review weeks after I finished it, I'm blown away.  I loved the characters and their development and how the story takes them all to the very end.  Jude is so damaged I can't even begin to fathom him.  If there's anything negative I have to say, it's how many years Jude wastes staying so damage, but then again, that's obviously a huge part of the book.  Go out and read this book.  It's long, but it's worth it.

Time to write: 2:54

No comments:

Post a Comment