Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Book review: Shotgun Lovesongs

Title: Shotgun Lovesongs
Author: Nickolas Butler
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Summary: Henry, Lee, Ronny, Kip and Beth grew up in Little Wing, Wisconsin and have known each other their whole lives. Their lives have each taken their own trajectories but various life events keep bringing them back together. 

Review: I listened to this book on CD, so that may be influencing this review.  As with any book on CD, the readers can make or break the book.  In this case, they made it (except for whoever did Ronny's voice.  His voice rubbed me the wrong way for some reason, but not enough to get me take off a star).  I think I would have still liked this book even if I'd read it myself. But because the book was so well performed, I loved it.  I loved how the book rotated characters, I liked how their lives evolved, I loved it all.  There was one event in it that involved a recovering alcoholic falling off the wagon that was rather glossed over, but everything else overwhelmingly made that worth looking over.  Highly recommended.


No comments:

Post a Comment